Friday, August 24, 2012

West Side Long Beach Coffee Houses

There are plenty of coffee shops on the west-side of downtown Long Beach, but I mostly frequent just the Green House, in the old Hotel Broadlind. Their coffee is pricey, but really good, and the old building helps me with my novel work.

Earlier today, needing to procure a new hardbound notebook, I made a trip to the other side of 3rd Street and Linden, heading to Lyon's Art Supply, on the corner of 4th and Linden. This is great little art supply store; a local place where folks help you find and get anything you need. Their prices are even quite reasonable, so helping out the locals doesn't kick the crotch of your wallet.

Being over there inspired me to head over to Berlin, the coffee shop attached to Fingerprints, one of Long Beach's remaining independent record stores. i was going to peruse the Fingerprints when I'd finished my coffee, but it wasn't yet open.

The coffee was good, but not as good and Green House's, and the ambiance, while not bad per se, is different than at the old Broadlind. I felt a little out of place, but I can live with that. I would need one of the quiet areas in the back to be able to work like I do at Green House.

I'll be trying some of the other spots as soon as I get more mobile...exploring on crutches pretty much sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment